- Chlorez®, Paroil®, and Doverguard products are used in intumescent flame retardant coatings. Chlorez® products improve hardness, while Paroil® and Doverguard products plasticize the coating.
- For water-based coatings, the Paroil® and Doverguard products can be readily emulsified. Pre-dispersed chlorinated alkanes are also available in the Doversperse product line.
- Chlorez®, Paroil®, and Doverguard products can also be considered as cost effective alternatives for brominated flame retardants in coatings and adhesives.
- For more information on Dover Chemical's flame retardants, please refer to the products page for the Chlorez®, Paroil®, Doverguard, and Doversperse products.
- Formulation with Paroil®, Chlorez® and Doversperse products generally improves adhesion and reduces moisture vapor transmission. In many formulations, these products improve polar adhesion and are often used when adhesion-to-metal or other non-porous surfaces are difficult to achieve.
Water & Chemical Resistance
- The Paroil®, Chlorez® and Doversperse products have beneficial effects for resistance to chemicals and sea water.
- The Chlorez® products are also low-cost extenders for expensive vehicle solids. Up to 20% of epoxy, chlorinated rubber, etc. can be replaced.
- Milidin trifunctional amines provide emulsion stability and long term pH control for water emulsions.
- Milidin products can also aid in pigment dispersion and act as thickener activators